This is a featured article!
This page was featured as part of the Wiki Wednesday series. Once a month, Habitica staff highlight a helpful post from the Wiki with tips about productivity, wellness, and optimizing your use of Habitica!
This page contains some example To-Dos to help you develop your own.
Finances[edit | edit source]
These sample To Do's deal with monetary one-time tasks such as banking, paying bills, and filing taxes.
Health[edit | edit source]
Health-related examples of To Do's include tasks relating to exercise, medications, vitamins, fitness equipment, and well-being.
Housework[edit | edit source]
These housework-related sample To Do's involve one-time tasks that can help with the ongoing cleaning and maintenance of your living area.
Self-Improvement[edit | edit source]
These sample To Do's focus on your well-being, such as rewards, relaxation, hobbies, learning new skills, and keeping involved socially.
Study[edit | edit source]
For students, To Do's can be time savers and time management tools. These are examples of one-time tasks that need to be completed for school.
Work[edit | edit source]
Sample To Do's dealing with aspects of your occupation can include project management, career building, and work scheduling.
General Tips[edit | edit source]
Players may find it useful to add one-time tasks to their To-Dos. Like a normal To Do list, items added here are meant to be taken care of, marked off, and forgotten about. To Do's can be used as a quick way to make notes about tasks that need to be taken care of when on the go, or make sure that certain steps in a project are done.
There are a few guidelines that can help a player decide whether an item should be a To Do or a Daily. Put a task in the To Do section if:
- You do not want to do it every day / It does not need to be done every day
- You do not want to incur a loss of health points for failing to do it
- You are not interested in building this task into a habit
Again, tasks created as To Do's are either one-time-only tasks or very infrequent tasks. For instance, calling a plumber would be a To Do, while taking out the trash might be better off as a Daily set to be active once a week.
See Also[edit | edit source]
- To-Dos - for general information about To-Dos and how to create them in Habitica
- Sample Habits
- Sample Dailies
- Sample Tags
- Sample Custom Rewards
- Naming Your Tasks
- Habitican Shared Task Lists
- Library of Tasks and Challenges
- What tasks should I add? - a Challenge created by a moderator in the Habitica Help: Ask a Question Guild to give new players sample tasks and to teach them a little about task types and Challenges