The Key to the Kennels resets all of the player's generation one pets and/or mounts to zero. In other words, every standard drop-type pet and mount the player owns is released/removed from their stable. Once the key has been used, the player will be able to stack the Beast Master, Mount Master, and Triad Bingo achievements. Pets and mounts gained through questing and rare/magic potion pets/mounts are retained, as well as special mounts from events.
There are three Keys a player can buy that will allow them to release their pets, release their mounts, or to release both simultaneously.
Which Pets and Mounts are Released?
Only generation one pets and mounts are released.
- Generation one pets are hatched from the eggs that can be obtained as random drops (Wolf, Tiger Cub, Panda Cub, Lion Cub, Fox, Flying Pig, Dragon, Cactus, Bear Cub) hatched only by using standard hatching potions.
- Generation one mounts are the mounts that are grown from those pets.
The Key to the Kennels does not release:
- Pets and mounts obtained from Quests
- Rare Pets
- Rare Mounts
- Magic Potion Pets
- Magic Potion Mounts
- Wacky Potion Pets
- Wacky Potion Mounts do not exist but if they are added to the game, they will not be released
The various Key to the Kennels options become available at certain points:
- The "Key to the Pet Kennels" option becomes available when you have all 90 Generation One pets in your stable at once. By this time you will have the Beast Master achievement but that achievement does not automatically enable Key to the Pet Kennels because you still get the achievement if some of those pets have already been fed to mounts. You can use the Key to the Pet Kennels before you have earned the Mount Master and Triad Bingo achievements but it will lengthen the time it takes to earn those achievements.
- The "Key to the Mount Kennels" option becomes available once you have earned the Mount Master achievement.
- The "Master Keys to the Kennels" option also becomes available once you have earned Mount Master.
You can find the Key to the Kennels options in the Market in the Special category.
It costs 4 Gems to release all generation one pets or mounts. The Master Keys to the Kennels option is free to when you have earned the Triad Bingo achievement, but if you wish to release both before you have received the achievement, it costs 6 Gems. Note that if you have earned the Triad Bingo achievement, but wish to release just mounts or just pets, the key will not be free; it always costs four Gems.
If you choose "Key to the Pet Kennels", all of your generation one pets will be deleted.
If you choose "Key to the Mount Kennels", all of your generation one mounts will be deleted.
If you choose "Master Keys to the Kennels", all of your generation one pets and mounts will be deleted.
The actions are irreversible, so you should make sure that you really want to delete your pets and/or mounts before clicking any of the buttons.
You will need to start over finding or purchasing the eggs, hatching potions, and food for your pets. You will retain any egg, hatching potions, and food already in your Inventory when you use any of the Keys.
After you use Key to the Kennels, your Beast Master, Mount Master, and/or Triad Bingo achievements on the Stats page will have the following phrase added, with "X" being replaced by the number of times a relevant key has been used. Choosing "Master Keys to the Kennels" will increment all three numbers (assuming you have achieved the Triad Bingo achievement).
- Beast Master: "and has released their pets a total of X time(s)"
- Mount Master: "and has released all 90 of their mounts a total of X time(s)"
- Triad Bingo: "and has released a full stable a total of X time(s)"
Note that after the Key to the Kennels has been used once, obtaining a full set of pets and/or mounts is not sufficient to increase the number shown in those messages. The achievement will not be "stacked" (have its number increase) until the appropriate Key is used again.
Why Use Key to the Kennels
- If you wish to stack the Beast Master, Mount Master, and Triad Bingo achievements.
- If you derive satisfaction from the collection of pets and mounts and find yourself less motivated after you have achieved Triad Bingo. As with the Orb of Rebirth, the Key to the Kennels allows you to start one aspect of the game over again.