Your Life, The Role Playing Game
The wiki is also available in other languages: Dansk, Deutsch, Español, Français, Italiano, 日本語, Nederlands, Polski, Português Brasileiro, Русский, Türkçe, 中文 (简体 & 繁體).
Step 1: Enter Tasks
First, enter a few tasks. You can add more later as you think of them.
- 1a. Set up To Do's
- Enter tasks you do once or rarely in the To Do's column, one at a time. You can click the pencil to edit them and add checklists, due dates, and more!
- 1b. Set up Dailies
- Enter activities you need to do daily or on a particular day of the week in the Dailies column. Click the item's pencil icon to 'edit' the day(s) of the week it will be due. You can also make it due on a repeating basis, for example, every 3 days.
- 1c. Set up Habits
- Enter habits you want to establish in the Habits column. You can edit the Habit to change it to just a good habit (+) or a bad habit (-).
- 1d. Set up Rewards
- In addition to the in-game Rewards offered, add activities or treats which you want to use as a motivation to the Rewards column. It's important to give yourself a break or allow some indulgence in moderation!
Step 2: Gain Points by Doing Things in Real Life
Now, start tackling your goals from the list! As you complete tasks and check them off in Habitica, you will gain Experience, which helps you level up, and Gold, which allows you to purchase Rewards. If you fall into bad habits or miss your Dailies, you will lose Health. In that way, the Habitica Experience and Health bars serve as a fun indicator of your progress toward your goals. You'll start seeing your real life improve as your character advances in the game.
Step 3: Customize and Explore Habitica
Once you're familiar with the basics, you can get even more out of Habitica with these nifty features:
- Organize your tasks with tags (edit a task to add them).
- Customize your avatar under User Icon.
- Buy your equipment under Rewards and change it under Inventory > Equipment.
- Connect with other users via the Tavern.
- After completing your second task, hatch pets by collecting eggs and hatching potions. Feed them to create mounts.
- Form a party with your friends under Party to stay accountable and earn a Quest scroll.
- At level 10: Choose a particular class and then use class-specific skills (levels 11 to 14).
- Defeat monsters and collect objects on quests (you will be given a quest when you join and at various levels).
GIFT ONE GET ONE ENDING SOON! NEW BACKGROUNDS AND ARMOIRE ITEMS! SEASONAL AVATAR LOOKS!
Last Chance to Gift a Subscription and Get One Free!
Don't forget to take advantage of our best promotion of the year! Gift a Habitica subscription to a friend or loved one and get the same length of subscription for yourself, free!
Subscribers get tons of perks every month, including exclusive items, the ability to buy Gems with Gold, and a cute exclusive Jackalope Pet. Plus, it helps keep Habitica running ad-free :) To gift a subscription to someone, just open their profile and click on the present icon in the upper right.
If you've been curious about trying out a subscription, now's the time! Gear up for the new year with exciting perks for you and your favorite accountability buddy.
Promotion ends at 8 PM US Eastern Time on January 7.
Please note that if you or your gift recipient already have a recurring subscription, the gifted subscription will only start after that subscription is cancelled or has expired. Thanks so much for your support! <3
by the Habitica Team
January Backgrounds and Armoire Items!
We’ve added three new backgrounds to the Background Shop! Now your avatar can admire a Snowy Castle, dip into a wintry Hot Spring, and cross the Icicle Bridge. Check them out under User Icon > Backgrounds on web and Menu > Inventory > Customize Avatar on mobile!
Plus, there’s new Gold-purchasable equipment in the Enchanted Armoire, including the Blue Moon Rogue Set. Better work hard on your real-life tasks to earn all the pieces! Enjoy :)
by Starsystemic, jjgame83, Vyllan, gully, GeraldThePixel, katieslug, QuartzFox and shanaqui
Wintery Skins & Hair Colors
The Seasonal Edition Wintery Hair Colors are now available for purchase! Now you can dye your avatar's hair Snowy, Peppermint, Holly Green, Aurora, Winter Star, or Festive.
Plus, the Seasonal Edition Wintery Skins are available, too! You can complete your winter avatar look with Aurora, Dapper, Festive, Holly, Polar, Sugar, or Winter Star Skins.
Both of these Seasonal Edition customization sets will only be available to purchase until January 31st, after which they'll be gone until next year, so be sure to swoop them up now! You can find them in User>Edit Avatar!
by Lemoness and tricksy.fox