Your Life, The Role Playing Game
The wiki is also available in other languages: Dansk, Deutsch, Español, Français, Italiano, 日本語, Nederlands, Polski, Português Brasileiro, Русский, Türkçe, 中文 (简体 & 繁體).
Step 1: Enter Tasks
First, enter a few tasks. You can add more later as you think of them.
- 1a. Set up To-Dos
- Enter tasks you do once or rarely in the To-Dos column, one at a time. You can click the pencil to edit them and add checklists, due dates, and more!
- 1b. Set up Dailies
- Enter activities you need to do daily or on a particular day of the week in the Dailies column. Click the item's pencil icon to 'edit' the day(s) of the week it will be due. You can also make it due on a repeating basis, for example, every 3 days.
- 1c. Set up Habits
- Enter habits you want to establish in the Habits column. You can edit the Habit to change it to just a good habit (+) or a bad habit (-).
- 1d. Set up Rewards
- In addition to the in-game Rewards offered, add activities or treats which you want to use as a motivation to the Rewards column. It's important to give yourself a break or allow some indulgence in moderation!
Step 2: Gain Points by Doing Things in Real Life
Now, start tackling your goals from the list! As you complete tasks and check them off in Habitica, you will gain Experience, which helps you level up, and Gold, which allows you to purchase Rewards. If you fall into bad habits or miss your Dailies, you will lose Health. In that way, the Habitica Experience and Health bars serve as a fun indicator of your progress toward your goals. You'll start seeing your real life improve as your character advances in the game.
Step 3: Customize and Explore Habitica
Once you're familiar with the basics, you can get even more out of Habitica with these nifty features:
- Organize your tasks with tags (edit a task to add them).
- Customize your avatar under User Icon.
- Buy your equipment under Rewards and change it under Inventory > Equipment.
- Connect with other users via the Tavern.
- Starting at Level 3, hatch pets by collecting eggs and hatching potions. Feed them to create mounts.
- Form a party with your friends under Party to stay accountable and earn a Quest scroll.
- At level 10: Choose a particular class and then use class-specific skills (levels 11 to 14).
- Defeat monsters and collect objects on quests (you will be given a quest when you join and at various levels).
NEW OFFICIAL CHALLENGES AND BEHIND THE SCENES BLOG POST
April 2020 Resolution Success Challenge and New Take This Challenge
The Habitica team has launched a special official Challenge series hosted in the Official New Year's Resolution Guild. These Challenges are designed to help you build and maintain goals that are destined for success and then stick with them as the year progresses. For this month's Challenge, Gather Your Party, we're focusing on finding encouraging allies to help you gain accountability for your goals!! It has a 15 Gem prize, which will be awarded to five lucky winners on May 1st.
Congratulations to the winners of March's Challenge: @mymartianromance, @BadWolfandTheStorm, @KatieIrene, @LastminuteKing, and @Janqt!
The next Take This Challenge has also launched, "This One Goes to 11!", with a focus on managing feelings of overwhelm. Be sure to check it out to earn additional pieces of the Take This armor set!
Take This is a nonprofit that seeks to inform the gamer community about mental health issues, to provide education about mental disorders and mental illness prevention, and to reduce the stigma of mental illness.
Congratulations to the winners of the last Take This Challenge, "Gaining Inspiration Points": grand prize winner @Susiturrikka, and runners-up @Kereenas-ff, @JohnMakiej, @Martes625, @ScarletSlayer, and @bradders154276! Plus, all participants in that Challenge have received a piece of the Take This item set if they hadn't completed it already. It is located in your Rewards column. Enjoy!
by Doctor B, the Take This team, Lemoness, Beffymaroo, and SabreCat
Behind the Scenes: Mental Health Tips from the Team
Hello Habiticans! In this edition of Behind the Scenes, some of the Habitica staff and mods are sharing some of the ways they're taking care of their mental health, physical well-being, and work routines during the current crisis. We hope some of their tips are helpful for you as well!
Take care! 💜
by shanaqui and the Habitica Team