Your Life, The Role Playing Game
The wiki is also available in other languages: Dansk, Deutsch, Español, Français, Italiano, 日本語, Nederlands, Polski, Português Brasileiro, Русский, Türkçe, 中文 (简体 & 繁體).
Step 1: Enter Tasks
First, enter a few tasks. You can add more later as you think of them.
- 1a. Set up To-Dos
- Enter tasks you do once or rarely in the To-Dos column, one at a time. You can click the pencil to edit them and add checklists, due dates, and more!
- 1b. Set up Dailies
- Enter activities you need to do daily or on a particular day of the week in the Dailies column. Click the item's pencil icon to 'edit' the day(s) of the week it will be due. You can also make it due on a repeating basis, for example, every 3 days.
- 1c. Set up Habits
- Enter habits you want to establish in the Habits column. You can edit the Habit to change it to just a good habit (+) or a bad habit (-).
- 1d. Set up Rewards
- In addition to the in-game Rewards offered, add activities or treats which you want to use as a motivation to the Rewards column. It's important to give yourself a break or allow some indulgence in moderation!
Step 2: Gain Points by Doing Things in Real Life
Now, start tackling your goals from the list! As you complete tasks and check them off in Habitica, you will gain Experience, which helps you level up, and Gold, which allows you to purchase Rewards. If you fall into bad habits or miss your Dailies, you will lose Health. In that way, the Habitica Experience and Health bars serve as a fun indicator of your progress toward your goals. You'll start seeing your real life improve as your character advances in the game.
Step 3: Customize and Explore Habitica
Once you're familiar with the basics, you can get even more out of Habitica with these nifty features:
- Organize your tasks with tags (edit a task to add them).
- Customize your avatar under User Icon.
- Buy your equipment under Rewards and change it under Inventory > Equipment.
- Connect with other users via the Tavern.
- Starting at Level 3, hatch pets by collecting eggs and hatching potions. Feed them to create mounts.
- Form a party with your friends under Party to stay accountable and earn a Quest scroll.
- At level 10: Choose a particular class and then use class-specific skills (levels 11 to 14).
- Defeat monsters and collect objects on quests (you will be given a quest when you join and at various levels).
NEW PET QUEST, NEW ACHIEVEMENTS, AND THE RETURN OF THE ODDBALLS BUNDLE
New Pet Quest: Dolphin! And New Pet Collection and Pet Quest Achievement Badges
Feeling doubtful about your ability to tackle your tasks? Could be you have dolphin doldrums! Get the latest pet quest, The Dolphin of Doubt, and earn some chipper dolphin pets by completing your real-life tasks.
An important announcement regarding quests: We’ll be adding new types of quests with exciting rewards like Magic Hatching Potions! We’ll also continue releasing Pet Quest Bundles so you can work on completing your collection. However, "The Dolphin of Doubt" is the final pet quest we'll be releasing in the Quest Shop for the forseeable future.
We're also releasing new achievements so you can celebrate your successes in the world of Habitican pet collecting! Now you can earn badges for your profile when you complete certain categories of pet quests and for collecting pets and mounts in the classic pet colors. We're kicking off with: Cover Your Bases and All Your Base for collecting all the classic Base pets and mounts, Just Add Water for completing quests for aquatic pets (including the new Dolphins!), and Mind over Matter for completing all pet quests for (normally) inanimate objects.
If you’ve already completed the required Quests for a newly released achievement, you don’t have to do them all again! Just complete any one of the relevant Quests and the Achievement will unlock.
by Shogirlgeek, mewrose, Aries Faries, khdarkwolf, confusedcicada, Lady Tabletop, OuttaMyMind, and the Habitica Team
Discounted Pet Quest Bundle: Oddballs!
In celebration of our new pet quest achievements, the Oddballs Pet Quest Bundle is back! From now until June 30, you can purchase it and receive the Rock, Marshmallow Slime, and Yarn quests, all for only 7 Gems! That's a discount of 5 Gems from the price of purchasing them separately. Check it out in the Quest Shop today!
Writing by Bartelmy, Faelwyn the Rising Phoenix, Theothermeme, Bethany Woll, itokro, and Lemoness
Art by PainterProphet, Pfeffernusse, Zorelya, intune, starsystemic, Leephon, Arcosine, stefalupagus, Hachiseiko, TheMushroomKing, khdarkwolf, Vampitch, JinjooHat, UncommonCriminal, Oranges, Darkly, overomega, celticdragon, and Shaner