Your Life, The Role Playing Game
The wiki is also available in other languages: Dansk, Deutsch, Español, Français, Italiano, 日本語, Nederlands, Polski, Português Brasileiro, Русский, Türkçe, 中文 (简体 & 繁體).
Step 1: Enter Tasks
First, enter a few tasks. You can add more later as you think of them.
- 1a. Set up To-Dos
- Enter tasks you do once or rarely in the To-Dos column, one at a time. You can click the pencil to edit them and add checklists, due dates, and more!
- 1b. Set up Dailies
- Enter activities you need to do daily or on a particular day of the week in the Dailies column. Click the item's pencil icon to 'edit' the day(s) of the week it will be due. You can also make it due on a repeating basis, for example, every 3 days.
- 1c. Set up Habits
- Enter habits you want to establish in the Habits column. You can edit the Habit to change it to just a good habit (+) or a bad habit (-).
- 1d. Set up Rewards
- In addition to the in-game Rewards offered, add activities or treats which you want to use as a motivation to the Rewards column. It's important to give yourself a break or allow some indulgence in moderation!
Step 2: Gain Points by Doing Things in Real Life
Now, start tackling your goals from the list! As you complete tasks and check them off in Habitica, you will gain Experience, which helps you level up, and Gold, which allows you to purchase Rewards. If you fall into bad habits or miss your Dailies, you will lose Health. In that way, the Habitica Experience and Health bars serve as a fun indicator of your progress toward your goals. You'll start seeing your real life improve as your character advances in the game.
Step 3: Customize and Explore Habitica
Once you're familiar with the basics, you can get even more out of Habitica with these nifty features:
- Organize your tasks with tags (edit a task to add them).
- Customize your avatar under User Icon.
- Buy your equipment under Rewards and change it under Inventory > Equipment.
- Connect with other users via the Tavern.
- Starting at Level 3, hatch pets by collecting eggs and hatching potions. Feed them to create mounts.
- Form a party with your friends under Party to stay accountable and earn a Quest scroll.
- At level 10: Choose a particular class and then use class-specific skills (levels 11 to 14).
- Defeat monsters and collect objects on quests (you will be given a quest when you join and at various levels).
GUILD AND PARTIES ISSUE, FREE CAKE, AND SPLASHY PALS BUNDLE
Issue Affecting Guilds, Parties, and Quests, Plus Cake on Us!
Hello Habiticans! Our apologies regarding the outage affecting access to the Tavern, Guilds, and Parties that occurred yesterday. For those who may have had issues with their current Quest, we've granted quest owners a new copy of their Quest scroll and four gems to purchase a Quest or item of your choice. If you have any concerns or if there are any lingering issues with your Guild, Party, or Quest, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and our small team will be happy to fix you up as soon as possible!
Thanks for your understanding and support! We always feel lucky to have such a wonderful community. :) To thank you all for your patience, we've given everyone delicious cake for their pets!
by The Habitica Team <3
Discounted Pet Quest Bundle: Splashy Pals!
If you are looking to add some water-loving pets to your Habitica stable, you're in luck! From now until July 31, you can purchase the Splashy Pals Pet Quest Bundle and receive the Seahorse, Turtle, and Whale quests, all for only 7 Gems! That's a discount of 5 Gems from the price of purchasing them separately. Check it out in the Quest Shop today!
by Lemoness and UncommonCriminal
Writing by Calae, Ginger_Hanna and Lemoness
Art by McCoyly, krazjega, UncommonCriminal, zoebeagle, Kiwibot, JessicaChase, Scarabsi and JaizakArpaik