Your Life, The Role Playing Game
The wiki is also available in other languages: Dansk, Deutsch, Español, Français, Italiano, 日本語, Nederlands, Polski, Português Brasileiro, Русский, Türkçe, 中文 (简体 & 繁體).
Step 1: Enter Tasks
First, enter a few tasks. You can add more later as you think of them.
- 1a. Set up To Do's
- Enter tasks you do once or rarely in the To Do's column, one at a time. You can click the pencil to edit them and add checklists, due dates, and more!
- 1b. Set up Dailies
- Enter activities you need to do daily or on a particular day of the week in the Dailies column. Click the item's pencil icon to 'edit' the day(s) of the week it will be due. You can also make it due on a repeating basis, for example, every 3 days.
- 1c. Set up Habits
- Enter habits you want to establish in the Habits column. You can edit the Habit to change it to just a good habit (+) or a bad habit (-).
- 1d. Set up Rewards
- In addition to the in-game Rewards offered, add activities or treats which you want to use as a motivation to the Rewards column. It's important to give yourself a break or allow some indulgence in moderation!
Step 2: Gain Points by Doing Things in Real Life
Now, start tackling your goals from the list! As you complete tasks and check them off in Habitica, you will gain Experience, which helps you level up, and Gold, which allows you to purchase Rewards. If you fall into bad habits or miss your Dailies, you will lose Health. In that way, the Habitica Experience and Health bars serve as a fun indicator of your progress toward your goals. You'll start seeing your real life improve as your character advances in the game.
Step 3: Customize and Explore Habitica
Once you're familiar with the basics, you can get even more out of Habitica with these nifty features:
- Organize your tasks with tags (edit a task to add them).
- Customize your avatar under User Icon.
- Buy your equipment under Rewards and change it under Inventory > Equipment.
- Connect with other users via the Tavern.
- After completing your second task, hatch pets by collecting eggs and hatching potions. Feed them to create mounts.
- Form a party with your friends under Party to stay accountable and earn a Quest scroll.
- At level 10: Choose a particular class and then use class-specific skills (levels 11 to 14).
- Defeat monsters and collect objects on quests (you will be given a quest when you join and at various levels).
NEW BACKGROUNDS AND ARMOIRE ITEMS! SHINY SEEDS AND SPRING HAIR AND SKIN COLORS!
April Backgrounds and Armoire Items
We’ve added three new backgrounds to the Background Shop! Now your avatar can help build a Cottage Under Construction, admire nature Among Cattails, and wander through an Elegant Garden.. Check them out under User Icon > Backgrounds on web and Menu > Inventory > Customize Avatar on mobile!
Plus, there’s new Gold-purchasable equipment in the Enchanted Armoire, including the Clown Set. Better work hard on your real-life tasks to earn all the pieces! Enjoy :)
by QuartzFox, Kodey, Vikte, Pandawalker, blue-raindrop, katieslug, Mike the Monk, shanaqui, and SabreCat
Throw a Shiny Seed at your friends and they will turn into a cheerful flower until their next cron! You can buy the Seeds in the Seasonal Shop with Gold. Plus, if you get transformed by a Shiny Seed, you'll receive the Agricultural Friends badge!
Don't want to be a flower? Just buy some Petal-Free Potion from your Rewards column to reverse it.
Shiny Seeds will be available in the Seasonal Shop until April 30th, 8PM US Eastern!
Shimmer Hair Colors and Pastel Skin Set
The Seasonal Edition Shimmer Hair Colors and Pastel Skin Set are now available for purchase in the User menu > Edit Avatar! These skin sets will only be available to purchase until April 30th, and then they will disappear from the shop until next Spring Fling. If you buy them, though, you will have access to them year-round!
by Lemoness and McCoyly