Your Life, The Role Playing Game
The wiki is also available in other languages: Dansk, Deutsch, Español, Français, Italiano, 日本語, Nederlands, Polski, Português Brasileiro, Русский, Türkçe, 中文 (简体 & 繁體).
Step 1: Enter Tasks
First, enter a few tasks. You can add more later as you think of them.
- 1a. Set up To-Dos
- Enter tasks you do once or rarely in the To-Dos column, one at a time. You can click the pencil to edit them and add checklists, due dates, and more!
- 1b. Set up Dailies
- Enter activities you need to do daily or on a particular day of the week in the Dailies column. Click the item's pencil icon to 'edit' the day(s) of the week it will be due. You can also make it due on a repeating basis, for example, every 3 days.
- 1c. Set up Habits
- Enter habits you want to establish in the Habits column. You can edit the Habit to change it to just a good habit (+) or a bad habit (-).
- 1d. Set up Rewards
- In addition to the in-game Rewards offered, add activities or treats which you want to use as a motivation to the Rewards column. It's important to give yourself a break or allow some indulgence in moderation!
Step 2: Gain Points by Doing Things in Real Life
Now, start tackling your goals from the list! As you complete tasks and check them off in Habitica, you will gain Experience, which helps you level up, and Gold, which allows you to purchase Rewards. If you fall into bad habits or miss your Dailies, you will lose Health. In that way, the Habitica Experience and Health bars serve as a fun indicator of your progress toward your goals. You'll start seeing your real life improve as your character advances in the game.
Step 3: Customize and Explore Habitica
Once you're familiar with the basics, you can get even more out of Habitica with these nifty features:
- Organize your tasks with tags (edit a task to add them).
- Customize your avatar under User Icon.
- Buy your equipment under Rewards and change it under Inventory > Equipment.
- Connect with other users via the Tavern.
- Starting at Level 3, hatch pets by collecting eggs and hatching potions. Feed them to create mounts.
- Form a party with your friends under Party to stay accountable and earn a Quest scroll.
- At level 10: Choose a particular class and then use class-specific skills (levels 11 to 14).
- Defeat monsters and collect objects on quests (you will be given a quest when you join and at various levels).
SPLASHY SKINS, BACKGROUNDS, ARMOIRE ITEMS, AND BLOG POST
The Seasonal Edition Splashy Skins are back! You can complete your summer avatar look with Clownfish, Deep Ocean, Tropical Water, Mergold, Mergreen, Merblue, Merruby, and Shark Skins.
This Seasonal Edition customization set will only be available to purchase until July 31st, after which they'll be gone until next year, so be sure to swoop them up now! You can find them in User>Edit Avatar!
by Lemoness and UncommonCriminal
July Backgrounds and Armoire Items
We’ve added three new backgrounds to the Background Shop! Now your avatar can enjoy the view while Flying Over Tropical Islands, explore reef life Among Giant Anemones, and stargaze on a Lake with Floating Lanterns. Check them out under User Icon > Backgrounds!
Plus, there’s new Gold-purchasable equipment in the Enchanted Armoire, including the Astronomer Mage set. Better work hard on your real-life tasks to earn all the pieces! Enjoy :)
by Tashus, Tigergurke, Vikte, QuartzFox, Gully, Swazzy, and SabreCat
Blog Post: Warrior
This month's featured Wiki article is about the Warrior class! We hope that it will help you as you explore the advantages of each class. Be sure to check it out, and let us know what you think by reaching out on Twitter, Tumblr, and Facebook.
by shanaqui and the Wiki Wizards