Your Life, The Role Playing Game
The wiki is also available in other languages: Dansk, Deutsch, Español, Français, Italiano, 日本語, Nederlands, Polski, Português Brasileiro, Русский, Türkçe, 中文 (简体 & 繁體).
Step 1: Enter Tasks
First, enter a few tasks. You can add more later as you think of them.
- 1a. Set up To-Dos
- Enter tasks you do once or rarely in the To-Dos column, one at a time. You can click the pencil to edit them and add checklists, due dates, and more!
- 1b. Set up Dailies
- Enter activities you need to do daily or on a particular day of the week in the Dailies column. Click the item's pencil icon to 'edit' the day(s) of the week it will be due. You can also make it due on a repeating basis, for example, every 3 days.
- 1c. Set up Habits
- Enter habits you want to establish in the Habits column. You can edit the Habit to change it to just a good habit (+) or a bad habit (-).
- 1d. Set up Rewards
- In addition to the in-game Rewards offered, add activities or treats which you want to use as a motivation to the Rewards column. It's important to give yourself a break or allow some indulgence in moderation!
Step 2: Gain Points by Doing Things in Real Life
Now, start tackling your goals from the list! As you complete tasks and check them off in Habitica, you will gain Experience, which helps you level up, and Gold, which allows you to purchase Rewards. If you fall into bad habits or miss your Dailies, you will lose Health. In that way, the Habitica Experience and Health bars serve as a fun indicator of your progress toward your goals. You'll start seeing your real life improve as your character advances in the game.
Step 3: Customize and Explore Habitica
Once you're familiar with the basics, you can get even more out of Habitica with these nifty features:
- Organize your tasks with tags (edit a task to add them).
- Customize your avatar under User Icon.
- Buy your equipment under Rewards and change it under Inventory > Equipment.
- Connect with other users via the Tavern.
- After completing your second task, hatch pets by collecting eggs and hatching potions. Feed them to create mounts.
- Form a party with your friends under Party to stay accountable and earn a Quest scroll.
- At level 10: Choose a particular class and then use class-specific skills (levels 11 to 14).
- Defeat monsters and collect objects on quests (you will be given a quest when you join and at various levels).
NEW FEEDBACK FORM! PLUS GUILD AND USE CASE SPOTLIGHTS
New Feedback and Feature Request Form
Great news, Habiticans! We've made it easier for you to send us your feedback about improving the site and apps. We're transitioning from our existing feedback Trello board to an easy-to-use Google form.
This will make it simpler for you to tell us your thoughts and ideas, while also making it simpler for the Habitica team to view, analyze, and take action on what the community wants and needs. We hope you enjoy the change!
The new Google form is already live and you can add your comments to it now via that link. The link will also be directly available via the Send Feedback menu option in the mobile apps in our next updates.
Our existing feedback Trello board will remain public and open for comments until May 28. After May 28 it will be archived so the Habitica team can still refer to past comments.
by The Habitica Team
Guild Spotlight: Vikte's Favorites
For this year's Guild Spotlight series, we're highlighting some favorites from Habitica's staff, moderators, and some high-level contributors!
This month we're sharing some picks from longtime artisan Vikte! If you want to curate your Habitica experience and join active, positive Guilds, this is a great way to pick up some new ideas for Guilds to join.
Use Case Spotlight: Managing Your Biggest Projects
This month's Use Case Spotlight is about Managing Your Biggest Projects! It features a number of great suggestions submitted by Habiticans in the Use Case Spotlights Guild. We hope it helps any of you who might have a long-term, complex, or intense project coming up in your life.
Plus, we're collecting user submissions for the next spotlight! How do you use Habitica to Adapt to Life Changes? We’ll be featuring player-submitted examples in Use Case Spotlights on the Habitica Blog next month, so post your suggestions in the Use Case Spotlight Guild now. We look forward to learning more about how you use Habitica to improve your life and get things done!