Your Life, The Role Playing Game
The wiki is also available in other languages: Dansk, Deutsch, Español, Français, Italiano, 日本語, Nederlands, Polski, Português Brasileiro, Русский, Türkçe, 中文 (简体 & 繁體).
Step 1: Enter Tasks
First, enter a few tasks. You can add more later as you think of them.
- 1a. Set up To Do's
- Enter tasks you do once or rarely in the To Do's column, one at a time. You can click the pencil to edit them and add checklists, due dates, and more!
- 1b. Set up Dailies
- Enter activities you need to do daily or on a particular day of the week in the Dailies column. Click the item's pencil icon to 'edit' the day(s) of the week it will be due. You can also make it due on a repeating basis, for example, every 3 days.
- 1c. Set up Habits
- Enter habits you want to establish in the Habits column. You can edit the Habit to change it to just a good habit (+) or a bad habit (-).
- 1d. Set up Rewards
- In addition to the in-game Rewards offered, add activities or treats which you want to use as a motivation to the Rewards column. It's important to give yourself a break or allow some indulgence in moderation!
Step 2: Gain Points by Doing Things in Real Life
Now, start tackling your goals from the list! As you complete tasks and check them off in Habitica, you will gain Experience, which helps you level up, and Gold, which allows you to purchase Rewards. If you fall into bad habits or miss your Dailies, you will lose Health. In that way, the Habitica Experience and Health bars serve as a fun indicator of your progress toward your goals. You'll start seeing your real life improve as your character advances in the game.
Step 3: Customize and Explore Habitica
Once you're familiar with the basics, you can get even more out of Habitica with these nifty features:
- Organize your tasks with tags (edit a task to add them).
- Customize your avatar under User Icon.
- Buy your equipment under Rewards and change it under Inventory > Equipment.
- Connect with other users via the Tavern.
- After completing your second task, hatch pets by collecting eggs and hatching potions. Feed them to create mounts.
- Form a party with your friends under Party to stay accountable and earn a Quest scroll.
- At level 10: Choose a particular class and then use class-specific skills (levels 11 to 14).
- Defeat monsters and collect objects on quests (you will be given a quest when you join and at various levels).
LAST CHANCE FOR OCTOBER AND FALL FESTIVAL ITEMS!
Last Chance for Beguilingly Batty Set
You have until October 31 to subscribe and receive the Beguilingly Batty Set! Subscribing also nets you a special Jackalope pet, lets you buy Gems with Gold, and gives you other fun perks!
Thanks so much for your support! You help keep Habitica running ad-free.
Last Chance for Fall Festival Outfits, Seasonal Shop Goodies, and Magic Hatching Potions!
Fall Festival is coming to a close in Habitica on Nov 2, so be sure to snag this year's limited edition outfits from your Rewards column. Depending on your class, you can be a Death's Head Moth Healer, a Wraith Warrior, a Third-Eye Mage, or a Two-Headed Rogue. Don't miss these awesomely spooky gear sets, available to purchase with Gold for now!
by jjgame83, Gawrone, Vikte, shanaqui, and SabreCat
The Seasonal Shop will also be closing when the Gala ends. The Seasonal Sorceress is stocking the seasonal edition versions of previous fall outfits, now available for Gems instead of Gold, and Spookly Sparkles.
by Gawrone, jjgame83, AnnDeLune, ʂʈєƒąʃųƥągųʂ, Katy133, Lilith of Alfheim, Definitely not a villain, ShoGirlGeek, cataclysms, maxpendragon, Vikte, QuartzFox, Lemoness, Beffymaroo, and SabreCat
Vampire, Shadow, and Ghost Magic Hatching Potions are also leaving the Market on Nov 2. If they come back, it won't be until next year at the earliest, so don't delay!
by QuartzFox, Hermi, jjgame83, OuttaMyMind, loremi, and SabreCat