An alternative editor for Habitica webhooks which includes all of the webhook options that are missing from the main site.
The Habitica Webhook Editor can be accessed by visiting the website linked to on this page. Log in with your Habitica API credentials, and you will be presented with a list of all your existing webhooks, as well as two buttons: one to create a new webhook and another to reload the list of webhooks.
Creating a webhook
While on the webhook list page, click the "Create webhook" button, fill out the form with your webhook details, and click the "Submit" button. Your webhook will be created, and you will be returned to the webhook list page.
Editing a webhook
While on the webhook list page, click the "Edit" link on any of your existing webhooks. You will be presented with the same webhook edit form as when you create a new webhook, but it will be filled in with the details of the webhook you are editing. Modify your webhook details as you like, and click the "Submit" button. Your webhook will be saved with the new details, and you will be returned to the webhook list page.
All webhooks have the following options, which you will see in the editor:
- Enabled - can be checked or unchecked to enable or disable your webhook
- Label - can be used to give a friendly name to your webhook
- URL - sets the URL to which Habitica will send the event data when your webhook fires
Additionally, there are four different types of webhooks, each with their own sets of options. You can choose a webhook type by clicking the tabs beneath "Webhook Type" on the edit form. The types are: taskActivity, groupChatReceived, userActivity, and questActivity.
- created - boolean - fire this webhook when a task is created
- updated - boolean - fire this webhook when a task is updated
- deleted - boolean - fire this webhook when a task is deleted
- scored - boolean - fire this webhook when a task is scored. This includes checking off a To Do or Daily as well as clicking '+' or '-' on a Habit.
- checklistScored - boolean - fire this webhook when a task's checklist item is scored
This webhook type only has one field, Group ID, which is the UUID of the group (Party, Guild, etc.) that you want to subscribe to. This hook will fire when a message is sent to that group's chat.
Since it can be difficult to find your party ID (it is not in the URL like most group IDs), the Habitica Webhook Editor provides a link below the Group ID text field which, when clicked, will find and fill in your party ID for you.
- mountRaised - boolean - fire this webhook when a mount is raised
- petHatched - boolean - fire this webhook when a pet is hatched
- leveledUp - boolean - fire this webhook when the player levels up
- questStarted - boolean - fire this webhook when a quest is started
- questFinished - boolean - fire this webhook when a quest is finished
- questInvited - boolean - fire this webhook when the user is invited to a quest
- Feature: Added handling for Habitica's new rate limits
- Removed: Empty label hack (fixed on Habitica's end)
- Removed: Webhook options update hack (fixed on Habitica's end)
- Feature: Added support for questActivity hooks
- Initial release