The Chrome Chat Extension adds an intuitive chat box to the Habitica website. It allows users to chat in the Tavern, their party, and any guilds they are in.
Install the extension into your Google Chrome browser, then enter your User ID and API in the options page. Your User ID and API can be found at Settings -> API.
- One-click setup
- Chat in up to 5 guilds / groups at once, including your party and the Tavern
- Click on player's name to add player's name to message window for quick reply.
- Click on the guild title to quickly go to the guild.
- Click on external links to open in a separate tab in your web browser.
- Shows Avatar face related to chat
- +1, flag or delete messages
- Markdown & emoji support
- Multi-line support (using Shift+Enter)
- Ability to hide Avatar images to speed up loading.
The Chrome Chat Extension can be used on other browsers with the help of extensions.
- Opera: works using the Download Chrome Extension.
- Firefox: works using the Chrome Store Foxified extension.
API 3 Page will not Load
|Description:||When trying to access the API 3 pages while the chat client is enabled, the page will not load. . To open the API 3 pages either:|
|Solution:||use a different browser, disable the chat client extension, or open in a private window|
|habitica-chat-extension Issue #36|
Chat freezes Habitica Website & Chat
|Description:||Often when opening large guilds like the Tavern, Habitica Help or Report a Bug the chat system freezes. You are unable to interact with either the Chat or Habitica website. Often you are unable to close the tab, and your only options is to kill the browser process.|
|Solution:||Click the disable Avatars option in the setup to avoid the freezing.|
|habitica-chat-extension Issue #22|
All known issues can be found on GitHub.